CLOSELY HELD + FAMILY BUSINESS
Emerging Businesses + Turnarounds
No doubt it's a challenging time for any business. Tight credit, weak demand, strong price pressures, changing regulations, and increased domestic and international competition—just to name a few.
If you're a new or emerging business, or a company struggling to come back from an operational or financial reversal, it can be particularly challenging.
We can help. Our clients include entrepreneurial startups, venture-backed and privately funded companies and more mature businesses—all seeking a fresh, independent perspective and savvy advice from professionals who've successfully dealt with the challenges and opportunities before.
Experience tells us that many business challenges are actually disguised opportunities—you just need the right plans, structures and processes in place to take advantage of them.
When the value of your business is low, for example, you can benefit from creative estate planning techniques designed to remove future appreciation from your taxable estate. Similarly, you can plan for the transition of your company, or share equity with business partners or key employees, at a reduced tax cost to the recipient.
Generally, it's also a great time for strategic planning and midcourse corrections. Are your operations and activities aligned with your long-term goals and objectives? Are your agreements with suppliers, landlords, lenders, and other strategic partners structured for maximum benefit? What about a tactical review of your budgets and cash flow to focus precious resources on mission-critical activities and reduce waste?
At Bader Martin, you'll find professionals with the expertise and insight to discover opportunities, tackle challenges and help your business succeed.
Emerging Business and Turnaround Services
As a Bader Martin client, you'll benefit from services in the following categories:
Advisory Services for Emerging and Turnaround Businesses
- Financial modeling and prospective financial information
- Compensation planning, including wages and benefits, deferred compensation, stock options, restricted stock, performance bonuses, and other short- and long-term incentives
- Insurance planning
- Budgeting and cash flow management
- Expenditure planning, including budgeting and cash flow analysis, lease/buy consulting, major transactions planning
- Profitability enhancement and process improvement consulting
- Exit planning, business continuation and buy/sell agreements
Capitalization and Financing
- Financing consulting and lender negotiations
- Financial restructuring, workouts and bankruptcy consulting
- Debt versus equity decisions
- Equity structuring and classes of equity
- Loan negotiations, loan reviews and analysis of loan alternatives
- Lease versus purchase decisions
Succession Planning, Exit Planning and Transitions
- Goal setting and evaluation of alternatives, including consideration of familial and cultural issues
- Mergers, acquisitions and dispositions
- Buy/sell agreements
- Liquidity analysis
- Recapitalization and reorganization consulting
- Negotiations and implementation assistance
- Due diligence
Tax Compliance and Consulting
- Tax return preparation and planning for federal, state and multi-state, and local jurisdictions
- Restructuring, including bankruptcy and exchanges of equity and/or assets
- Cancellation or modification of corporate or partnership indebtedness, including potential impacts on shareholders and partners
- Net operating loss consulting, including post-bankruptcy eligibility
- Capital loss carryovers
- UNICAP analysis
- Tax minimization strategies that encompass both income and self-employment taxes, as well as estimated tax planning and retirement plan structuring
- Representation in connection with IRS and state and local tax examinations
Accounting and Assurance
- Financial statement audits, reviews and compilations
- Accounting and bookkeeping services, including data entry and troubleshooting
- Online accounting for QuickBooks® and Sage Peachtree® systems
- Training on accounting-related topics
- Forensic accounting and fraud audits
- Internal control studies
Advisory Services for Business Owners and Executives
- Asset protection, including personal liability protection, disability and health care planning, pre- and post-nuptial agreements, divorce consulting and bankruptcy
- Expenditure planning, budgeting and cash flow analysis
- Personal and family financial statements
- Wealth planning, including retirement planning, real estate transactions and education funding
- Estate planning
- Charitable giving and private foundations